The Assessors Guild - 30th January 2019 - 10:00
Come join us for a webinar to find our more about The Assessors Guild. Ask us questions, find out more and hear from industry experts.
Who are we?
The Assessors Guild is a professional body for technical/vocational Assessors that sets and enforces minimum standards and develops professional competence. It will ensure the quality of technical/vocational assessment is delivered at a high level during the transition from the Apprenticeship framework system to Apprenticeship standards. It will support the work of End Point Assessment Organisations (EPAOs) and Awarding Organisations and underpin the delivery of Apprenticeship and Technical Education.
The Assessors Guild will:
· Provide vocational Assessors with a dedicated professional body offering a membership model that encourages on-going development and networking opportunities
· Support the establishment and maintenance of Assessor professional standards. We will set these standards with the largest EPAOs and leading Assessors and ensure they are kept up to date by providing easy access to a range of technical and industry specific CPD opportunities
· Establish a marketplace for freelance assessors to offer their services, network and develop professional competence
Why were we formed?
The introduction of the End Point Assessment (EPA) has brought a number of new challenges to the existing Assessor workforce, requiring an understanding of a number of new principles and the development of new skills.
We expect that:
· The vast majority of the 25,000 strong Assessor workforce will need to up-skill to meet the demands of End Point Assessment. The Assessors Guild will provide access to relevant training materials, courses and E-learning provided by a range of high quality providers.
· Around 5000 new assessors will need to be recruited or retrained each year over the next five years. The Assessors Guild will provide clarity to prospective assessors on their route to market and services that help Assessment organisations to match vacancies to a suitable assessor.